Thursday, July 31, 2014

Quick Tip - Calendar Invite Courtesies

While not everyone uses calendar invites, if you do please consider the following for a courteous approach:

1) Confirm with someone your plans before sending the invite, in other words, please do not send an invite as your only form of emailing regarding a meeting.  When calendar invites just show up for me, I find that odd, and typically that time is booked, and now I have a "to do" to follow up with the inviting party.

2) Name the invitation something other than "Meeting with Debbie".  If I accept this and it goes on my calendar, it looks like I am meeting with myself.  Additionally, give a clue to the topic in the invitation title.  Instead, consider something like "Sue and Debbie Meeting Re: Teamwork".

3)  Include an agenda of two to four topics to cover in the notes or messaging portion of the invitation.

The three courtesies will allow for consistency, respect, and positioning prior to the meeting that sets your meeting up for success!  

No comments: